recruiting of Norwegians for 5-SS-Panzerdivision “Wiking” started on the
12/1-41. Most of the 700 Norwegians who are accepted are to serve in regiment
31. January Regiment ”Nordland” give their oath to SS Reichsführer Himmler in Oslo
|February||6 January The Bishops of Norway start the Church struggle against the occupying force.|
|March||4.March The first British commando raid against Lofoten, North-Norway|
|April||28. April Socalled "poor litterature" is prohibited, and burned.|
|May||21. May ”Norges SS” is officially established. Quisling is not very pleased by this unit, which he saw as 100% German-minded.|
June Finland declares war against Soviet.
29. June “Den Norske Legion”, hereinafter abbreviated “DNL”, was formed by order of Joseph Terboven.
The first recruiting rally of “DNL”
is held in Oslo.
31. July Joseph Terboven declares State of Emergency.
August All radios in Norway are confiscated.
24. Aug- 2.sept British commando raid against Svalbard
|November||20. November The Norwegian exile Government in London officially approves ”Milorg”, the largest resistance organisation in Norway.|
December British commando
raid against Lofoten.
27. December British commando raid against Vaagsøy and Måløy.
Back to Timeline
|All pictures/material unless otherwise stated, are owned or supervised by NDWW2/NUAV's webmaster. You are not allowed to copy, publish or in any way distribute material from these pages without the webmaster’s written permission.This site do not represent any kind of political statement, it is made by people with the historical interest of Norway in the period between 1940 - 1945. Copyright 1999, 2000 © Kurt Monsen.|